box_camera: (Default)
box_camera ([personal profile] box_camera) wrote2026-05-08 01:35 pm

Friday thoughts

I heard Kyle Rittenhouse got bit by a venomous spider. I hope the spider's okay.

The other night David said he couldn't hear the name "Deukmejian" without thinking of the word "Malathion" and I cracked up because it's the most Gen X Cali kid thing I have ever heard anyone say. Deukmejian was governor for a big chunk of my childhood (like 9 years old to the year before I graduated high school), which covered the Mediterranean fruit fly scare; Malathion was the pesticide the state used to eradicate them. I'm sure it didn't cause any cancer or birth defects at all!

Apparently the Norwegian royal family has a royal rapist, dude looks like they put every sneering blond antagonist of '80s teen movies into a blender and this is what came out. If you don't beat him in a downhill ski race from the top of Devil's Peak his dad is gonna shut down the community ski chalet!

The Venn diagram of dudes whining about a "male loneliness epidemic" and dudes who think it's gay to wash their asses is a circle.

Obama's presidential library is finally opening next month. I always said it would be an excuse to go back to Chicago. My brother Rian isn't; we're not that close and his boyfriend hates me.

I'm not under illusions about Obama having been a perfect president--although every president of my lifetime comes across favorably compared to the demented troll currently stinking up the White House. I just really like Chicago, I like to take the train there, and I haven't done so since 2017.

I had fun last night making collages with two elements that came from the same photo:

Collage: southwest space 9

Collage: southwest space 8